Unity of Body, Diversity of Gifts
Paul wrote to the church in Corinth, "Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed" (1 Corinthians 12:1). Sadly, all too often, today's churches are not only "uninformed" about the nature of the spiritual gifts, moreover, they are "uninformed" about the purpose of the spiritual gifts: the building up of the Body of Christ (Ephesians 4:12). Spiritual gifts, though designed to build up the church, are frequently a point of contention among Christians.
The Spiritual Gifts Conference at Redeeming Grace Church is designed for pastors, lay-leaders, and regular attenders in local churches who would like to learn more about the variety of spiritual gifts highlighted in the New Testament: what they are, why they matter, and how they're designed to build up the one Body of Christ. We hope you'll make plans to join us as speaker, Dr. Thomas R. Schreiner, exalts Christ through a humble and charitable unpacking of the spiritual gifts.
The conference will be in-person at Redeeming Grace, with Dr. Schreiner joining us from Kentucky through video conferencing. Appropriate COVID-19 precautions will be observed, based on the latest guidelines from the State of Vermont. We hope you can join us!
Conference Audio Files
- Session 1 - What Are the Spiritual Gifts?
- Session 2 - Why Do the Spiritual Gifts Matter?
- Session 3 - What Does the Bible Teach about Prophecy, Tongues, and Healings?
- Session 4 - Do the Miraculous Gifts Continue or Cease to Exist?
Dr. Thomas R. Schreiner has been a professor of New Testament Interpretation and Biblical Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary since 1997. Prior to coming to Southern, Schreiner also taught New Testament at Bethel Theological Seminary and Azusa Pacific University. Schreiner is a Pauline scholar and has contributed a number of works for the life of the church, including: Romans, (Baker Exegetical Commentary Series on the New Testament); Interpreting the Pauline Epistles; The Law and Its Fulfillment: A Pauline Theology of Law; The Race Set Before Us: A Biblical Theology of Perseverance and Assurance; and his newest work, Spiritual Gifts: What They Are & Why They Matter. Schreiner currently serves as an elder at Clifton Baptist Church in Louisville, KY.
September 18 & 19, 2020
- 6:30 - 7:00 pm - Arrival and Registration
- 7:00 - 7:15 pm - Introductions
- 7:15 - 8:45 pm - What Are the Spiritual Gifts?
- 8:45 - 9:00 pm - Dismissal, book table open
- 9:00 - 9:30 am - Arrival, pastries available, book table open
- 9:30 - 11:05 am - Why Do the Spiritual Gifts Matter?
- 11:05 - 11:30 am - Time of Guided Personal Reflection
- 11:30 - 11:35 am - Dismissal to Lunch with Instructions
- 11:35 - 12:45 pm - Subway Boxed Lunch, book table open
- 12:45 - 2:15 pm - What Does the Bible Teach about Prophecy, Tongues, and Healings?
- 2:15 - 2:30 pm - Break, book table open
- 2:30 - 3:55 pm - Do the Miraculous Gifts Continue or Cease to Exist?
- 3:55 - 4:00 pm - Closing and Dismissal
- 4:00 - 4:15 pm - Last call for bookstore
Redeeming Grace Church
164 Ballard Road
Georgia, VT 05468
For more information, please contact Pastor Brad Parker at email@example.com, or at 802-338-6460.